Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Brand New Acromioclavicular Joint


T plus 28 hours and things are on the upswing.  Upswing includes the current narcotics running through the veins, Oxycodone, Tylenol, Advil and hopefully some single barrel Knob Creek later tonight. Yes, your summary is correct, I am currently higher than Rick James. My pain block wore off early this morning and I seem to be able to manage the pain without it. Currently coming to you from my new office.  Which is he place I will be making myself comfortable over the next couple months.  Yes, that is right, after 14 years of marriage I finally scored a recliner to call my own.  Ignoring the fact it is ugly, matches nothing in this room, has a plastic handle and is made of genuine top grain pleather, I LOVE IT.  Sarah, on the other hand is counting down the days until it moves to the playroom a.k.a the where old furniture goes to die.

Ah yes, how is the shoulder???? Last diagnosis was Grade 5 AC seperation.  Dr. Mileti says surgery went well and shoulder would never have been usable without the surgery.  It was sepearted badly enough that it overlapped and the bone was lodged into the muscle.  So clip the end of the collarbone, drill two holes, donor tendon wrapped and hoisted it all back into allignment.  As a bonus my torn tendons were salvagable so they have all been sewn back together.  Bonus double strenth shoulder once i am healed. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromioclavicular_joint

Surgery Morning weigh in 213 August 17, 2012.  Goal is 199 before the sling (hopefully) comes off on October 5th.  That's 7 weeks, he said 6-8 so hopeful its closer to 6 if i do as told (tall order).

P.S. I think she secretly lusts for my chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment