Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes...

...or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away

Well it's Tuesday and I still feel like I got hit by a truck...so let's back up to a few days and I'll walk you through my weekend. Great trip over to the Meadowlands area with Mom and Grace on Friday. Met up with Joc and Monte for dinner at an old school NJ diner. Great to catch up with them and also to see Reggie and Ike. Saturday started off well enough with a nice tune up ride through the rail trails, mental hospital and some Urban NJ singletrack. Great ride, cool sightseeing and good cool down conversation. Of course I was apprehensive about finishing 40 miles, but at Noon Saturday. No worries.

Mom, Joc, Grace and I head off to do our official Touron thing. We just HAD to take Grace to see the Statue of Liberty, didn't we? Well six hours of standing in line and 90 degree heat later, it seems she would have been pleased as punch just to hang out in the hotel. Oh well live and learn. I eat, crank the AC and get Horizontal for the next 10 hours. At 5:45 AM Sunday we are loaded and on our way to Dunkin Donuts....was the coffee the best part of the day? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment