Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Looking good Billy Ray!"


"Feeling Good Louis!"

First of all, I am SOOOO tired of all this rain! It is August not April. All I do is mow my damn lawn.

So last Sunday Nick has a new bike and we are fired up to tackle the climbing at Mohican SF again! Get up at the crack of ass and surprise; its raining again, oh oh its raining again. Fast forward 6 hours and ND and I are doing laps at P2. I would compare riding three hours at P2 to running on a track to prepare for a Marathon. Gets a little mundane but hey it's close and it dries fast.

Now on to the good stuff...Nick brought out his new to him fully loaded dual spring job for this ride. Yes he has retired the Urban commuter disguised as a mountain bike. So he is feeling good and smoking me for the first lap ++ as I am trying to pace myself and watch my HR. Just as I am thinking that the new rig seems to be a little fast for his skills (At least the root covered trails slow you down and make you work on the HT). Then I hear just hear CRUNCH and SILENCE. As I round the bend I see him attempting to stand in a gully that is about shoulder deep. (its a tricky approach but it he did miss the widest bride on the trail). As I drag his bike out of the gully and straighten a few things he takes personal inventory. Pretty lucky that the torrential rains of the summer allowed his helmet to bury itself the bank. Dude looked like a broken QB that had just been squashed in to the turf with all the mud stuck in his helmet. So busted helmet and what looks to be a broken finger and off we go.

Anywho, back to me. I am pretty timid on my first lap or two after my crash the week before. But after his crash and some adjustment to my new helmet which is hurting like hell, I am in a groove. We do 4 laps or 23 miles of pedal, brake, pedal, brake which is the most we have ever done. Then we are back at the car. I feel really good and I cannot believe I drug my fat ass around for that long so its time for a reward. I mean we really wouldn't want to loose weight would we??? What's a reward for three hours of singletrack, one broken helmet and one upcoming X-ray w/$50 copay?? That's right...CRAVE CASE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment